The Bahrain Petroleum Company – Bapco, a key contributor and architect of the modern Bahrain, has always been a major hub for boosting Bahrain’s economic and human development.
Bapco IT & Digital aims to become the employer of choice for Information Technology professionals in the Kingdom of Bahrain. To achieve this goal, we are committed to identify, recruit and develop talented young Bahraini professionals and to provide them with meaningful on-the-job learning opportunities.
The IT and Digital Graduate Trainee Programme is a one-year programme, which will allow talented Bahraini graduates to gain practical work experience and exposure. The programme is designed to provide trainees with the foundation for a successful and rewarding career. It will focus on delivering on-the-job learning experience and development to provide them with invaluable insights, as well as build their professional networks, in a high-performance culture.
We will look to identify and select the most talented graduates to onboard to our programme. At the programme completion, we will recruit the best trainees to join the Bapco IT and Digital team, subject to available vacancies. In the future, when filling junior position vacancies, our HR recruiters will reach out to participants of this programme for an interview as their work has already been tested by us.
While this programme does not commit to offering permanent jobs, it is created for graduates to have a solid foundational professional experience and personal growth and to better position them on the job market.
Who is eligible to apply?
The programme is available only to Bahraini nationals who qualify according to the following criteria:
- Holders of a relevant Bachelor’s degree who have graduated in the past three years from any accredited University in Bahrain or abroad
- Applicants aged min. 20 to max. 25 years of age on the date of application
- Applicants must have a strong academic record (American system: GPA equivalent to 3.0 and above, UK: upper second class degree)
- Applicants must have effective communication skills in Arabic and English
- Successful applicants must pass Bapco’s security screening/clearance as a pre-requisite for joining the programme.
How to apply?
To apply for the IT and Digital Graduate Trainee Programme, candidates are expected to complete the following:
- Online application form available here .
The application form will ask for Applicant’s personal information, such as: name and surname, date of birth, gender, email address, telephone, university name, university GPA, graduation date, etc.
You will also be requested to upload the following documents:
- CPR copy
- University transcript (up to date)
There are a few things we consistently look out for when it comes to applications - things like how you work with others, absorb information, your creative problem-solving abilities and your drive and self-confidence.
The selection process will have four phases:
- Phase 1 – Eligibility Criteria Verification
This is the initial screening and filtering of applications based on the mandatory eligibility criteria
- Phase 2 – Video Interview Upload
The applicants who passed the mandatory eligibility criteria will receive an email invitation to a 3-minute video interview. This short, self-recorded video interview is an opportunity for you to tell us about yourself. We recommend you reflect on why you are applying and your standout experiences. Be ready to talk about these in an engaging way. You may record the interview at any internet-enabled location at a time that is convenient to you.
- Phase 3 – Online Assessment
The applicants who passed the mandatory eligibility criteria will receive an email invitation to complete an online English a language test.
- Phase 4 – Final Interview
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a final interview. You will be asked competency-based questions focused on how you handle different situations, such as handling conflict, addressing problems, working with others, and achieving results for example.
The successful candidates will be given an offer and asked to sign a trainee contract.
- Applications window: March 27 – April 15 (3 weeks)
- Selection process:
- Phase 1 – Eligibility Criteria Verification: April 16 - 22
- Phase 2 – Video Interview Upload: April 30 - May 13
- Phase 3 – Online Assessment: April 30 - May 13
- Phase 4 – Final Interview: May 14 - June 1
- Graduate Trainee Programme Start: June 2023 (1 year)
Kindly note that this timeline is subject to change.